Fire has badly damaged a 13th-century thatched pub in Milton Keynes village.
The Swan Inn's roof and first floor were badly damaged, and it took 40 firefighters to bring the blaze under control.
Luckily, no one was hurt during the fire. Some of the pub's extension and restaurant area were also saved.
In a statement on the pub's website, owner Steve Wilkins said: "If you haven't already seen on the news or from your houses, this afternoon a fire began on the premises, destroying most of the thatched roof and causing a great amount of damage to the building. We are not yet sure of the cause of the fire but are happy to announce that no staff members or customers were injured during the incident and that everyone was evacuated safely.
"We are devastated by the events from this afternoon, but will be doing all that we can to reopen as soon as possible once the damage has been assessed."
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.catererandhotelkeeper.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs