The next chapter 6 December 2019 Lexington managing director Julia Edmonds on taking the helm at the boutique caterer and her people plans for the future
In this week's issue... The next chapter Lexington managing director Julia Edmonds on taking the helm at the boutique caterer and her people plans for the future
Read More
Search

Inquiry into McDonald's dryer death

01 January 2000
Inquiry into McDonald's dryer death

A McDONALD'S restaurant is under investigation following the death of a student who collapsed after using a hand-dryer.

It is understood that Ciara Maeve McGinley, of Strabane in County Tyrone, died from electrocution caused by faulty wiring in a dryer in the disabled toilet in the central Belfast branch.

McDonald's said that the dryer, now removed, had been vandalised, but declined to give more details until the investigation is complete. Belfast's Environmental Health Office has ordered the toilet to be closed to the public.

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!