NH Hoteles buys its first UK property

07 April 2005 by
NH Hoteles buys its first UK property

Spanish hotel giant NH Hoteles has made its first move into the UK market with the purchase of the Harrington Hall hotel in London for €72m (£49.6m).

The 240-strong global chain has joined forces with Spanish property group Losan to buy the four-star, 200-bedroom Knightsbridge hotel, which it will operate as NH Harrington Hall. Losan picked up 75% of the price tag and NH funded the remaining 25% with a syndicated bank loan and €1.25m (£861,000) in cash.

Maria Cortina, head of communications at NH, said: "It's a dream for us. We have wanted a hotel in London for years. The hotel's big convention rooms are ideal for the type of business guest we want to attract."

Cortina added that the recently refurbished site, previously owned by hotelier Bakir Cola, won't require much additional investment. But she didn't rule out staffing changes: "It's too early to tell if we will keep all the employees on."

Source: Caterer & Hotelkeeper magazine, 07 April 2005

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

As a current holder of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, Jacobs Media Group extends its condolences on the passing of Queen Elizabeth ll.

Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking