1. For this it is necessary to do both, adding tomato ketchup and a julienne of pimento.
2. Because of the dryness of the birds, they should be cooked covered with fat bacon. This should not be discarded but served as part of the formal garnish.
3. They are transmitted through these objects. Food and water-based objects absorb microwaves.
4. The sauce is made from a mixture of soy and mirin. Teriyaki is a technique of grilling while basting with this sauce.
5. Probably originating in the southern state of Mississippi, the base is a gingersnap crust filled with a layer of chocolate custard, and topped with a rum and egg white custard.
6. Very similar to Scotch woodcock, which is served on toast, Ecossais is a canapé of scrambled egg with anchovy in the middle.
7. These are sweets which are often given as a gift. There are numerous flavours, although almond is popular. They are made from cooked milk solids and butter.
8. Smen is an aged butter which is not refrigerated, and the finest quality is that which has been stored for many years. It is used to flavour savoury dishes.
9. Brochette of lamb is traditionally prepared using peeled mushrooms and bay leaves. Onions and peppers may also be included.
10. The Single variety was originally made with skimmed milk from the evening milking. The Double was prepared from the morning milk, with the cream skimmed from the evening add to it.
11. Known as berkouksh in North Africa, acini di pepe in Italian markets and petits plombs in French, these are pasta pellets popularly used in many soups to provide extra bulk.
12. Angostura bitters. Using equal amounts of black coffee and coffee ice-cream, blend together with a little sugar and Angostura bitters to taste. They were popularly added to gin to create a Pink Gin.
13. Essential for the healthy growth of the body and the general maintenance of health, it is widely referred to as vitamin C.
14. The essential aspect is that the mixture does not separate when allowed to stand. Hollandaise and mayonnaise sauces are prime examples.
15. This liqueur is made with cherries. Beirao is a brandy flavoured with herbs and spices, and bagaceira is a grappa which is served with black coffee.