Marco Pierre White has finally given up his stake in London's Canteen restaurant, following months of uncertainty as to the state of his involvement there, in order to concentrate on his other restaurants.
It is understood that Mr White's shareholding in the restaurant, which opened four years ago in Chelsea Harbour, has been bought by the remaining joint partners, Michael Caine and Claudio Pulze.
At the same time Mr White last week bought Mr Pulze's and Mr Caine's shares in The Restaurant, at the Hyde Park Hotel. Details of the sales are confidential, at Mr White's insistence.
Mr Pulze told Caterer The Canteen would revert to a more traditional Michelin-starred operation rather than a brasserie, closing on Sundays and Monday lunchtimes. A new menu, featuring a prestige selection and a set-price lunch will be introduced in the near future.
As for Mr White's other restaurant interests, there is considerable speculation over the future of the Criterion, his 50:50 joint venture with Forte. It is thought that Mr White might look to buy the Granada-owned stake from the conglomerate, perhaps in partnership with L'Escargot proprietor and Criterion board member Jimmy Lahoud.
Mr Lahoud said he was unable to comment on such rumours. A spokeswoman for Forte said it was business as usual, at the present time.