1. What is a Kentucky Burgoo?
2. Has Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, (BSE or mad cow disease), been found in cattle that have not originated in the UK?
3. The classical sauce moutarde is made by adding an ingredient to a finished sauce. What is that ingredient and what is the sauce?
4. India Pale Ale was one of the most popular bottled beers in the UK until recent years. How did it get its name?
5. What are the exchange rates of the Canadian and US dollar, in comparision to the pound sterling?
6. What are divorced eggs and where do they come from?
7. The early Australian Aborigines supplemented their diet by eating fish. How did they catch them?
8. What effect do the large granite stones found in the southern Rhone vineyards have on the wine produced in that region?
9. What is Frackh and with whom is it popular?
10. Is it considered etiquette to wear medals and decoration to a normal function?
11. Does zinc have an effect on your sex life and are you getting enough?
12. Is it only inexperienced bar staff who muddle their cocktails and how do cocktails become muddled?
13. What is the season that ends on the 1 February?
14. How does one obtain a “Corporate Personality”?
15. What is the difference between a poulet de grain and a poulet reine?
l Answers to the quiz are on page 90.
Published by: The Caterer