Northcote’s annual food and wine festival has just celebrated its 10th anniversary. Held at Lancashire’s renowned one-Michelin-star restaurant at Northcote hotel in Langho, Obsession stretched over 10 days (one day for every year of existence) and is considered by chefs to be the best of its kind in the UK.
Each night a guest chef took over the kitchens to cook a multi-course dinner. Among an impressive line-up of guest chefs was Dutch hotshot, Jacob Jan Boerma of two-Michelin-starred Restaurant De Leest in Vaassen who cooked on Monday 1 February. A total of eight courses (plus canapés) kept diners exceptionally happy and the kitchen on their toes. (Look out for profile of Jacob Jan Boerma in Caterer and Hotelkeeper).
What’s on the menu
- Oyster “Tokyo style”, chlorophyll, soya, ponzu and seaweed
- Fresh North Sea crab, apple and curry with roasted Dublin Bay prawn and lemon belotta varieties
- Slow prepared lobster and tartar of lobster with textures of green peas, sliced green beans and jus of spices, foam of coconut and lemongrass
- Lightly grilled turbot with butternut squash, two preparations of scallops, winter truffle, purslane and truffle jus
- French pigeon with jelly of Parmesan, roasted onions, mousseline of potatoes and chavroux cheese
- Collection of three desserts
Reporting by Joanna Wood
Video By Hospitality Media (www.hospitalitymedia.co.uk)
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk – Caterer’s new networking forum. Go to www.TheCaterer.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with TheCaterer.com jobs