Induction cooking is fast – a pan of water can be boiled in about 10 seconds – and because an induction hob uses significantly less power than a standard gas or electric hob it offers considerable savings in running costs.
SUITABLE FOR FRONT OF HOUSE
We say The hob’s impact-resistant Scott Ceran glass ceramic surface is hard-wearing and easy to clean and an attractive design and sleek profile makes it suitable for front-of-house, theatre-style cooking.
● Rotary controls with LED power level display
● Easy-to-change filter
● Internal cooling fan with overheat protection
Dimensions 350mm(w) x 654mm(d) x 115mm(h)
Lincat 01522 875500
Induction griddle plate
We say The griddle plate is available as single (3.5kW/5kW) or double griddle (7kW/10kW) and has temperature measurement, control and monitoring over the entire HPCR-Inox treated griddle surface.
● Real Time Temperature Control System
● Temperature range of 20-230°C via stepless rotary control
● Rapid warm up period
Dimensions 531mm(w) x 446mm(d) x 198mm(h) (single zone)
Manitowoc 01753 485900
Use with one or two pans
We say Below the glass Ceran top there are two independent induction coils which can be controlled together as one for use with larger pans or individually for smaller pans.
● Pressed stainless-steel outer casing incorporating flush fitted vitroceramic top
● Vitroceramic touch control panel
● Usable surface is 340mm x 405mm for a maximum pan size of 340mm
Dimensions 390mm(w) x 525mm(d) x 90mm(h)
Signature FSE 01908 745500
Choice of control type
We say The portable countertop induction unit is manufactured without dirt traps and comes with a choice of either touch pad or rotary controls and a tough, scratch-resistant Ceran glass cooking surface.
● 19 power levels
● Four pre-sets per hob
● 4mm (medium duty) or 6mm (heavy duty) thick cooking surface
Dimensions 400(w) x 735(d) x 178(h)
Valera 0845 270 4321
Front-to-back or side-by-side zones
CookTek Heritage MC2502F
We say The twin counter top induction hob is available with the two 2.5kw cooking zones positioned front-to-back or side-by-side while an automatic shut off prohibits overheating.
● Sloped front panel allows for easy viewing and operation
● Control knob for ease of use and automatic power or temperature control
● LED display for precise user feedback
Dimensions 700mm x 351mm x 126mm
MCS Technical Products 01793 538308
Glass-door oven under
We say A 900mm wide induction range with four 5kW high-performance hotplates and a 1/1 gastronorm-compatible, fan-assisted electric oven and glass or solid door options.
● Four 5kW cooking zones
● Each zone has individual pan sensors
● 1/1 gastronorm compatible fan-assisted oven
Dimensions 900mm(w) x 770mm(d) x 870m(h)
Falcon Foodservice 01786 455 200
Power controlled by moving pan
Menu Systems Slide Control unit
We say The cooking power is controlled purely by moving the pot on the hob so there are no dials or knobs. Designed to be dropped into a cooking suite.
● Three induction coils and three independent induction generators
● Each coil has an effective field of 220mm and a 3kW power rating
● Automatic pan type recognition
Dimensions 230mm(d) x 692mm(w)
Exclusive Ranges 01707 361770
Full GN 2/1 oven under
Charvet Pro 900
We say The 900 series induction range has four induction hobs on top and an electric oven under and is built as a complete unit. It can be fitted as a modular or static unit or built into a wall or island suite.
● 5kW GN2/1 electric oven underneath
● 4 x 5kW induction plates
● 3mm thick stainless steel one-piece top
Dimensions 1,275mm x 900mm x 900mm
Charvet 01342 717936
Control Induction CI 31G
We say The Vitro Ceramic dish is housed in a stainless-steel case and gives a cooking surface of 280mm in diameter. A wok is included.
● Ring power of 3.1 kW
● Rotary control with 12 settings between 500-3,100W
● Power level shows on digital display
Dimensions 340mm x 440mm x 125mm
Control Induction 01622 872821
● Because induction hobs only work with cookware with a ferrous content, test your pans with a magnet to see if they are suitable. If the magnet sticks to the base then the pan is OK to use
● Small, commercial portable induction hobs add flexibility into kitchen design as they can be plugged in wherever is convenient
● New counter designs feature induction hobs mounted under the surface which can double as extra work surfaces when not being used for heating
Published by: The Caterer