Refrigeration appliances run 24/7, 365 days a year, and selecting the right model that's fit for purpose and capable of adhering to strict temperature guidelines while minimising the amount of energy used is key, as are factors such as appliance location and maintenance.
Flexible pass-through drawers
We say The pass-through design gives chefs the flexibility to access product from either or both sides of the unit and single pass-through drawers can be built into bespoke islands or counters.
● Each drawer holds 4 x 1/1 ,100mm deep GN pans or 40kg of food and can be pulled out of either side of the unit
● Up to 66% energy savings compared with conventional refrigeration in competitive testing
● Food held at stable temperatures consistently, even in the cookline, extending food shelf life and quality
Dimensions 900mm (h) x 1,100mm (w) x 700mm (d)
Adande Refrigeration 0844 376 0023
Accommodates 2/1 gastronorm
Gram Maxi Plus K600 RSH
We say A new generation of Gram refrigerators and freezers that are tailor-made for the deep 2/1 GN system. The interior cabinet dimensions allow two 1/1 GN pans to be placed one behind the other directly on to the support rails.
● Most energy-efficient commercial refrigeration unit on the current UK Energy Technology List
● Unique air distribution system ensuring correct and uniform temperature is maintained
● Built in alarms and computerized emergency programme
Dimensions 2,000mm (h) x 695mm (w) x 876mm (d)
Gram UK 01322 616900
Customised combined storage and prep
Foster Eco Pro 1/3
We say Part of a range of counters of various capacities and options to create a workstation to suit your needs. Combines storage and preparation to save time and space and help staff work more effectively.
● 30% saving in energy usage compared to its predecessor
● Circulair forced air distribution system ensures an even internal temperature is maintained along every section of the counter even when fully loaded
● Front breathing system helps the refrigeration system work efficiently when positioned close to a wall or other equipment, or where plinth mounting is specified.
Dimensions 865mm (h) x 1,865mm (w) x 700mm (d)
Foster Refrigerator 0843 216 8800
Forced-air cooling for ingredient pans
We say A heavy duty, factory balanced refrigeration system with guided airflow and environmentally friendly refrigerant which provides uniform temperature of 0.5 to 5°C in the food pans and cabinet interior.
● Two door, 340-litre capacity, holds 12 1/6 GN pans.
● Energy-efficient guided airflow ingredient pan cooling system
● Full length removable cutting board made of high-density white polyethylene
Dimensions 1,093mm (h) x 1,229mm (w) x 766mm (d)
True Refrigeration 01709 888888
Non-slip full length handle
Williams Jade HJ1SA Hydrocarbon
We say A 21 cu ft capacity, one-door hydrocarbon upright refrigerator with three 2/1 GN shelves and a full length integral handle for a non-slip, improved "grab" on the door.
● CoolSmart controller for increased energy efficiency - saving up to 15% on energy costs.
● Precision injected, high-density 75mm polyurethane insulation for thermal efficiency with low GWP and zero ozone depletion potential
● Self-closing doors featuring magnetic balloon door gaskets with 100% tight seal to reduce
Dimensions 1,960mm (h) x 737mm (w) x 824mm (d)
Williams Refrigeration 01553 817000
● Buyers should always check the Carbon Trust's Energy Technology List for food service refrigeration. All equipment on the list is energy efficient and buyers may qualify for significant financial benefits.
● Intelligent controllers save energy by only running the refrigeration system when it's required - saving considerably energy use during quiet periods.
● Never use domestic refrigeration in a commercial environment - not only do they pose a food safety hazard, they need replacing far more often than commercial fridges, so are not even cost effective.
● Sizing: A single door, standard upright gastronorm cabinet has an interior capacity of 0.6 cu m and a double-door 1.3 cu m. A kitchen serving up to 50 covers will probably need the equivalent of two double-door refrigerators and two single-door freezers, while a production kitchen serving 750 meals will need the equivalent of 15 single-door refrigerators and six freezer cabinets.
● Many manufacturers now offer the option of hydrocarbon refrigerants, which are more environment-friendly and have an ozone depletion potential of zero.
Source The Catering Equipment Suppliers Association (CESA)
For more information, go to www.TheCaterer.com/products
Published by: The Caterer