The Catering Equipment Suppliers Association (CESA) has announced the winners of its Foodservice Order of Merit, recognising those who have gone beyond the call of duty in catering.
This year’s list features high-profile names such as Christopher Basten, chair of the Craft Guild of Chefs; Andy Wilson, principal of Westminster Kingsway College; Bryan Baughan, the master at the Worshipful Company of Cooks; and Jeni Edwards, chair of the Association of Catering Excellence.
Nick Oryino, chair of CESA, commented that the people on the list were those “who make it happen”.
He said: “They are the drivers, the movers, the shakers. Their passion and commitment enriches our industry. The Foodservice Order of Merit recognises their contribution, and I’m delighted, as chair of CESA, to be involved in making these awards.”
The awards are announced every two years, at industry exhibition Hotelympia, which this year took place from 28 April to 1 May.
CESA aims to be the voice of the catering equipment industry, and represents more than 170 companies in the sector.
THE LIST IN FULL
- Jan Matthews, Chair, Arena
- Jeni Edwards, Chair, Association of Catering Excellence
- Magnus Ericsson, Chair, BFS, Sweden
- Jack Sharkey, Chair, Catering Equipment Distributors Association
- Amerigo Po, Chair, Professional Appliances, CECED Italia
- Christopher Basten, Chair, Craft Guild of Chefs
- Martin Rahmann, Chair, FCSI Europe, Africa, Middle East
- Niccola Boyd-Stevenson, Chair, Foodservice Consultants Society International, UK & Ireland
- Ulrich Müller, Chair, HKI
- Andy Jones, National Chair, Hospital Caterers Association
- Sean Martin, Chair, Irish Foodservice Suppliers' Association
- Carrieanne Bishop, Chair, Local Authorities Caterers Association
- Michael Whiteley, President, NAFEM
- Neel Radia, Chair, National Association of Care Catering
- Pierre-Alain Augagneur, President, SYNEG
- Ugur Atalay, President, TUSID
- Andy Wilson, Principal, Westminster Kingsway College
- Bryan Baughan, The Master, Worshipful Company of Cooks
Published by: The Caterer