The finalists in the new Parliamentary Pub Chef and Parliamentary Young Pub Chef of the Year competition have been announced by organisers the British Beer and Pub Association, the All Party Parliamentary Beer Group and Nestlé Professional.
One hundred and twenty MPs nominated pub chefs in their constituency who they consider provide an excellent food offering. A panel of six expert judges assessed the entrants, with those under 30 being considered for the Parliamentary Young Pub Chef of the Year.
The finalists for Parliamentary Pub Chef of the Year are:
- Michele Cremona of The Candlemaker in Battersea, nominated by Jane Ellison MP
- Milan Hukal of Dog Inn, Grundisburgh, nominated by Daniel Poulter MP
- John Calton of Staith House, North Shields, nominated by Alan Campbell MP
- Gordon Jones of The Brit Pub in North Talbot, nominated by Stephen Kinnock MP
The Parliamentary Young Pub Chef of the Year finalists are:
- Gordon Stott of The Sun Inn in Dummer, nominated by Kit Malthouse MP
- Robert Yuill of D’Arcy Thompson, Dundee, nominated by Chris Law MP
- Edward Hackland of The Waggon, Halam, nominated by Mark Spencer MP
- Matt Long of The Raglan Arms, Llandenny, nominated by David Davies MP
The eight finalists will now take part in a cook-off event at the Vintry pub in London in January, where they will cook for a panel of judges that includes Michelin-starred chefs.
Latest video from The Caterer