Get the latest hospitality news and inspiration straight to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter.

Breakfast to go

Written by:
Written by:

According to recent figures, 76 per cent of adults have eaten breakfast out of home in any three month period.

Capitalising on this are coffee houses with 20 per cent of out of home breakfasts, hotels at 19 per cent and roadside outlets with 15 per cent of the market.

Many customers require “on-the-go” options – products they can take with them en-route to the business meeting. Kellogg’s has responded to this with the “To Go” range – popular cereals adapted into a portable format, incorporating milk, sugar and spoon.

At Travelodge, 85 per cent of overnighters have breakfast, exclusive of the room rate. For the remaining 15 per cent, a “grab-n-go” offer has been created for an additional charge, including croissant, orange juice and Kellogg’s To Go.

Contract caterers in B&I sites are offering Kellogg’s To Go through vending machines.

To create a buzz around Kellogg’s To Go, free point of sale is available.


Start the discussion

Sign in to comment or register new account

Start the working day with

The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign up now for:

  • The latest exclusives from across the industry
  • Innovations, new openings, business news and practical advice
  • The latest product innovations and supplier offers
Sign up for free