Colindale, London is developing into a thriving area through numerous development projects, one of which is a new build office for the London Borough of Barnet.
Barnet Council is therefore inviting proposals from caterers, café and restaurant operators interested in providing café and event services within our newly built Civic office, which is due to open in Summer 2018 in Colindale, London.
The café will occupy the front part of the ground floor of the office building, with the option to also operate a satellite service on a fourth floor terrace area. In addition to a sustainable business proposal, providing employment and skills benefit locally is a fundamental requirement so proposals should clearly reference how this might be achieved. The terms of the lease with the appointed operator are negotiable depending on the business model proposed, in particular investment in the café space itself.
• Fit-out funded by the provider
• Socially conscious ie possibly staffed using an employment scheme that targets and trains disadvantaged local people and / or commits to employ secondary school students on work experience etc.
• Modern, high quality, take away or eat in, healthy option offer advantageous
• High quality customer service
• Attractive fit-out and FFE that complements the reception design
• Available out of hours as part of the conference facility offer, with options to either staff the café for the event or just provide catering to the conference
• Priced option to provide external seating to accommodate the café sales to the public
• Priced option to provide a mobile barista service that can potentially be moved onto the fourth floor terrace
• Café to open times flexible
• Floor area 170sq m with A3 licence
• Deadline for receipt of interested bidders: Friday 22nd February 2018
• Presentations by shortlisted bidders: Week commencing 1st March 2018
• Notification of award: March 2018
• Contract finalised: April/May 2018
• Café fit out: June 2018
• Café operation commences: August 2018
All bid applications and queries should be sent to email@example.com, final applications should be submitted no later than 12.00pm on Friday 22nd February 2018.