The National Association of Care Catering (NACC) announced the winners of its 2018 NACC Awards at a gala dinner last night.
The innovation, achievements and dedication of teams and individuals that make an exceptional contribution in the field of care catering were rewarded and celebrated at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham.
Primrose Bank Care Home in Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, won Care Establishment of the Year for being a “fun” and “enriching” care home where a focused approach to nutrition ensures residents’ wellbeing.
The Catering Manager of the Year Award went to Jane Parke of Nottinghamshire County Council’s County Enterprise Foods for her “expertise, dedication and positivity”.
The 2018 winners included:
• Care Establishment of the Year: Primrose Bank Care Home
• Meals on Wheels Award: Harrogate Food Angels, Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association
• Catering Team of the Year Award: Catering Team, Avery Lodge, Brighterkind
• Catering Manager of the Year Award: Jane Parke, County Enterprise Foods, Nottinghamshire County Council
• Our Care Catering Hero Award: Debbie Wright, Cook-in-Charge for Norse Catering, Munhaven Care Home
• Region of the Year: Northern Region
• Pam Rhodes Outstanding Achievement Award: Mark Taylor
• Chairman’s Award 2018: David Barker
NACC’s national chair Neel Radia also presented three dedicated NACC members with honorary membership for their longstanding and outstanding services to the association: Roger Kellow, Sue Hawkins and Vivien Rose.
Neel Radia, the NACC’s national chair, said: “It’s such an honour to recognise the exceptional work that takes place in care catering across the UK every day. All our finalists are inspirational, and we have a huge amount of respect for them.
“It’s heartening and humbling to see that care catering professionals work tirelessly to overcome the challenges and continually raise standards of excellence, with their sights always on the health and wellbeing of those that matter the most: the people entrusted to their care.”