The 10 semi-finalists for the UK Restaurant Manager of the Year 2019 competition have been announced.
The contenders will compete on 7 January 2019 at the Savoy in London for a place in the final. During the morning session, they will be interviewed by industry leaders and tested on their restaurant management technical skills.
The top four candidates selected for the final will then be asked to participate in a restaurant management skills scenario in front of a VIP audience. The winner will be announced and presented with their award at a drinks and canapé reception.
The semi-finalists are:
1. Jennifer Santner, Angler restaurant, South Place hotel, London
2. Christopher Bakowski, Alyn Williams at the Westbury, London
3. Shashi Prakash, Gilpin Hotel & Lake House, Windermere, Cumbria
4. Vincenzo Mancinelli, Hide Above, London
5. Tomas Kubart, Kerridge’s Bar & Grill, Corinthia Hotel London
6. Rebecca Galland, the Vineyard Hotel and Spa, Newbury, Berkshire
7. Jacopo Nardini, Indigo restaurant, One Aldwych, London
8. Simon Warren, the Ivy Temple Row, Birmingham
9. Cedric Touny, the Blue Posts, London
10. Pauline Henry, Brasserie Joël, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London
The winner will receive: a trophy, certificate and career-advancing training as well as invitations to top industry events. All finalists will be given the opportunity to be mentored throughout the year following the event by leading industry figures.
The competition is run by the Academy of Food & Wine Service, which is owned by the Institute of Hospitality.