A new, free-of-tie lease has been sold on the Thatcher's Arms, a food-led country pub in the Essex farming community of Mount Bures.
The detached property, which was built to serve navvies working on the Chappel Railway Viaduct between 1847 and 1849, now makes 60% of its sales from food.
It offers a 50-seat bar, two 34-seat restaurants, a function room to accommodate up to 72 guests, and two-bedroom owners' accommodation.
The new lessees are Tony Adams and his family from Burnham-on-Crouch on the Essex coast.
The Ipswich office of Christie + Co sold the new, 20-year lease off a guide price of £95,000 on behalf of Terry Martin, who has owned the freehold since 1992.
By Angela Frewin