Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

New owners for traditional Mid Devon country inn

04 February 2009 by
New owners for traditional Mid Devon country inn

The Rose and Crown, a traditional country inn and destination pub in the Mid-Devon village of Sandford, has been sold to local business people.

The new owners are Arthur and Jeanette Newton and Gillian Conibear.

The property dates back to the 16th century and retains much of its original character despite being rebuilt in 1920 after a devastating fire.

Sandford is a semi-rural village just four miles from Crediton and 11 miles from Exeter.

Facilities include a 30-seat main bar with a games area, a separate 24-seat restaurant and four-bedroom accommodation for the owners. Outside, the pub offers lawned gardens, a skittle alley/function room and off-road parking.

The business, which enjoys all-year trade, has an annual turnover of £100,770 of which 85% were wet sales, while the remaining 15% derived from food.

Stonesmith of Exeter sold the freehold off a guide price of £415,000 on behalf of Basil and Mary Nunn and their daughter Sarah.

By Angela Frewin

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking