Sponsored article by Suzanne Estevez, technical liaison at NSF EyeSucceed
The last year has been hugely challenging for industries across the UK, but perhaps one of the hardest hit was the hospitality industry. Looking ahead to recovery, the restaurant sector is facing new and unprecedented challenges every day. As we emerge from the pandemic and consumer confidence grows, so too will consumer spending. As a result, the food industry is anticipating a hiring boom to keep up with demand.
Identifying and training new hires will become the next operational challenge for the industry. From food preparation to workplace protocols and even audits, the industry needs to embrace new methods to quickly bring employees up to speed while managing costs and optimising performance. Here, technology can play a key role, streamlining training processes and ensuring consistent quality execution across entire businesses, industries and multiple geographies.
Enter NSF EyeSucceed™
At NSF, we've been a leader and pioneer in food safety and quality for over 75 years. Combined with our deep foodservice operational knowledge and understanding, we deliver solutions that meet the industry's evolving needs.
Most recently, we launched NSF EyeSucceed: a transformational training modality that pairs our propriety software with wearable Augmented Reality (AR) smartglasses to improve both virtual and in-person training, consistency and operational efficiency, contributing to better experiences for employees and customers.
Here are five ways NSF EyeSucceed can help your business:
- Training: Hands-free smartglasses can be used to train employees at their workstation, streamlining the onboarding process and reducing the pressure and costs of peer-to-peer training while increasing employee engagement.
- Everyday operations: Next-generation AR solutions can be utilised to ensure consistency across business units globally. Corrective intelligence can detect equipment deviations in real-time to make corrections before any stock is lost. NSF EyeSucceed's global database is also accessible, with quantifiable process-improvement data points – such as demonstrating how to create a product in the exact same way, no matter where you are in the world.
- Maintenance: NSF EyeSucceed assists workers in keeping equipment in working order, with instructions available on-demand. Frontline workers can install, set up and maintain equipment via AR livestreams and connect with technical experts to diagnose and fix issues. A leading quick-service restaurant client saw that using NSF EyeSucceed contributed to avoiding lost revenue due to equipment downtime and reducing maintenance costs by up to 75%.
- Self-audits, reporting and inspections: Businesses can make greater efficiencies in food safety by making self-audits, reporting and inspections easier with hands-free technology. Documentation is also digitised for everything from task checklists to inventory management to ensure a permanent history.
- Remote interactive communication: NSF EyeSucceed eliminates the need for travel and on-site visits by offering remote audits, inspections, tech support and collaboration, saving businesses significant sums. Connected users can see exactly what the on-site wearer sees, allowing users to collaborate seamlessly.
But don't just take our word for it
Wendy's® began a pilot programme with NSF EyeSucceed in 2020, testing in the US, then expanding to international markets including the UK. As the brand looks to expand its footprint across the globe, pilot results to-date suggest that NSF EyeSucceed will be especially useful in supporting Wendy's training and quality assurance teams to uphold the same high standards the company expects around the world.
Jorge Hernandez, vice-president of quality assurance at the Wendy's Company, said: "When your job is to protect your brand across the globe, learning fast and being flexible are essential. NSF EyeSucceed has the potential to provide us with additional means to be more flexible, efficient and effective in our work. Through our ongoing pilot, the smartglasses have helped us with supply chain management and international quality assurance processes, especially as travelling became a barrier. The smartglasses increased our ability to share product evaluations, feedback and product performance with different suppliers, facility suppliers and distributors."
As a global, independent organisation at NSF, our teams are committed to facilitating the development of public health standards. Our co-founders are veterans of the food industry and bring more than 40 years of collective foodservice insights to daily and long-term operational challenges faced by foodservice managers.
Wendy's is a registered trademark of Quality Is Our Recipe, LLC.