There are roughly 19 weeks left before Natasha's Law is coming into force in the UK, which means time is getting shorter to get your business ready. By 1 October, all providers of pre-packed food for direct sale need to have accurate and clear labels on their products.
Hear from the experts from across the industry on how to get your business sorted.
Save the date for the Natasha's Law Business Conference, which is being brought to you by Nutritics and partners at the UK Food Labelling Resource Initiative, and takes place on 6-8 July. This free, virtual, three-day event will feature a range of expert speakers from across the food sector including:
- Nutritics: the only single software solution to Natasha's Law that allows your business to input or receive ingredient information from suppliers, identify allergen information and then print fully compliant labels on-site for PPDS products.
- Peak-Ryzex: leading providers of hardware and specialists in labelling solutions required for Natasha's Law.
- The EPOS Bureau: providers of till and point-of-sale solutions that include stock management, loyalty and labelling features.
- Surefoot Solutions: specialists in food, fire, health and safety support. Since 2006, Surefoot's knowledgeable advisers have been providing bespoke support to leading brands, from independent to multisite operators.
- Allergy UK: the leading national charity providing support, advice and information for those living with allergic disease for over 30 years, including the market leading ‘Allergy Aware Scheme.'
- Many more speakers to be announced over the coming weeks.
Sessions will include:
- How to audit stock and work with suppliers to make sure your ingredient information is managed accurately.
- The benefits of using software to manage ingredient information accurately and how to choose what's right for your business.
- How to choose the right hardware to print labels and keep your business running smoothly – no labels, no sales!
- Insights from AllergyUK on the prevalence of food allergies and their specialist programme on staff training for managing allergens.
Register now for your place at the conference and to join our mailing list for more updates.
Guides to being ready
We've produced a number of handy guides for food businesses getting ready for Natasha's Law, all available in the resources section on the Natashas-Law.com website. Each business will have different recipes and requirements depending on the number of ingredients used, product range and locations. Our guides will offer a thorough step-by-step process for you to follow as you identify what products you will need to label, what needs to be included on the label and how to ensure the information is correctly captured from each recipe before being provided to the consumer.
Check out the Nutritics Blog
The team at Nutritics have recently posted a number of articles on the topic of Natasha's Law. These include a look at the differences between food allergies versus food intolerances; top tips for suppliers on what they need to provide for compliance with Natasha's Law; and advice on choosing the right labelling system.
Check out the full list of articles here.
Have a question on Natasha's Law?
If you've got a question on Natasha's Law, whether it's about what labels to buy for products that go in the oven or if the legislation applies to packed lunches supplied by a school for a trip, we can help you find the answer. Visit the FAQ section on our website for lots more questions like this. If yours isn't there, just fill in the form and we'll get back to you.