Promoted article: This article was written by Dominic Child, vice-president of sales, Bizzon
There's no sugar-coating it. This year has been insurmountably difficult – especially for the hospitality industry. But among the (really) bad times, there have been some good ones. We've seen a community rally together like never before. We've seen businesses adapt their positioning and flourish, and we've proved that as an industry we are incredibly resilient.
When lockdown eased and the Eat Out to Help Out initiative flourished, we breathed a collective sigh of relief at the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. But then the murmurings started. Whispers of a second wave and stricter measures were on the horizon. The recent government announcement, which will see businesses closing by 10pm and only offering table service, could put operators in a sticky position.
F&B operators have two choices. They can either keep doing what they've always done – for example, not knowing why some dishes never sell, or unable to push a promotion quickly to generate immediate demand – or they can diversify their offering and implement technology that improves efficiency and drives sales. Hospitality will be reborn as a much more tech-savvy industry.
Some innovators are already moving to a more flexible operational model in order to survive and thrive. Is your restaurant tech solution the best to support this new model now and in the future?
How quickly can your business react?
Bizzon offers a transformational solution at a time when the industry needs it most. We want your business to survive. We want you to THRIVE. But competition, consumer behaviour and changing regulations means that operators need to make some changes.
Here are five ways your business can adapt:
1) Don't waste critical time. Table-only service is the new normal. Our Order & Pay software allows guests to seamlessly order and pay at table. Working on a single platform, EPoS integration is not required, and waiters can easily help customers if intervention is needed.
2) Use an agile platform: quickly react to changing VAT rates or EOTHO schemes that vary across product categories
3) Adjust your promotions: You may want to change, for example, happy hour times with each new regulation. Bizzon's software lets you choose where and when to adjust promotions across multiple sites, should some of your locations be put in lockdown.
4) Diversify your offering. Delivery/dark kitchens and click and collect open up additional revenue streams for your business. Our software enables you to on/off toggle products that are exclusive to each online channel.
5) Help staff with admin. Using Bizzon's payment gateway, there is no need for EOD reconciliation so staff can focus on closing the site safely.
From omni-channel ordering to inventory and reporting, our software truly connects customers with front and back of house operations, helping staff to work more flexibly, while delivering a safe and enjoyable customer experience.
Don't let implementing a new EPoS or digital ordering solution be a deterrent. If history tells you it's expensive and takes time, you could be with the wrong partner.
We're here to help. Our software was built to support every element of your business from front and back of house, to customer experience and sales. Implementation is quick, easy and affordable. Return on investment is fast.