Clitheroe Golf Club, situated in the beautiful Ribble Valley in the lea of Pendle Hill, is regarded as one of the premier inland courses in the North of England, having hosted many prestigious events during our illustrious history, which dates back to 1891.
Clitheroe is a former venue for Regional Qualifying for the Open and has hosted the Lancashire Amateur championship seven times and the Brabazon North qualifier, among many ongoing prestige golf tournaments. We have a healthy 650-strong membership and in the region of 5,000 visitor rounds per year.
The Club continues to advance its strategic development programme, which involves substantial investment in all areas of the course and club facilities and will further enhance the reputation as one of the top courses in the country.
Recent investment at the club includes a fully refurbished Clubhouse and new Academy and Performance Centre (www.pgaclitheroe.co.uk) and now coincides with the requirement to appoint a catering partner to further improve our F&B experience as part of the evolving elevation of Clitheroe Golf Club across all areas of its operations.
The Club invites expressions of interest and applications from candidates looking to form a great partnership. The successful applicant would benefit from excellent kitchen facilities and a first-class Clubhouse. The Club seeks to provide innovative plans and ideas to make the Club a recognised destination not just for golf but for the whole experience.
The ideal candidate(s) will:
• Have a proven track record in the hospitality industry, not necessarily in a golf club environment
• Be able to demonstrate exemplary customer service and experience in a F&B environment
• Deliver consistency of high quality and value
• Have an unwavering attitude to health and hygiene maintaining the Club's five-star Food Hygiene Rating
• Be proficient in the engineering, preparation and delivery of daily bar, banqueting and function type experiences
• Illustrate sound financial and margin management
• Demonstrate excellent staff management.
Interest, in the strictest confidence, should be registered with Carol Tomlinson. Upon registering interest, you will be provided with an ITT, which will outline expectations of the undertaking of the operation. Applications should be made against this criterion.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2021
• Clitheroe Golf Club, Whalley Road, Pendleton, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 1PP
• 01200 422292