The UK's leading food, drink and equipment products have been revealed at the Product Excellence Awards (PEAs) in partnership with Delaware North at the London Stadium.
Elliott Moore, general manager at the London Stadium, said: “The stadium delivers food and beverage to more than a million visitors a year at various events, including West Ham United games, MLB baseball events, concerts and athletics, as well as meetings and events. In order to deliver these events and exceed customer expectations, it is imperative that we have first-class products to incorporate into our food and beverage offerings. The PEAs recognise the fantastic achievements of first-class producers and suppliers from all sectors and we are proud to be associated with these awards.”
Lisa Jenkins, products and suppliers editor for The Caterer, added: "We had hundreds of fantastic entries this year and it gives us great pleasure to share these results.
"Whatever type of business you operate in, you rely on your suppliers to excite and engage your customers. Consumers of food and drink continually expect new entertainment, quick service and on-trend flavour sensations. The 2019 PEAs winners all demonstrate creativity, innovation and inspiration for 2020 and beyond."
- Ancillary cooking equipment - Jestic, Winston, CVap 7-series Cook&Hold
- Bakery - Café de Nata, Raspberry Pastel de Nata
- Beverage making and dispense equipment - Brew-IT Group, Milkit
- Coffee - Change Please, Adventurous
- Condiments - Belazu Ingredient Company, Aged Malt Vinegar of Modena
- Dairy - Eurilait, Alfresco Barbecue Cheese Steaks – original
- Desserts - Traiteur de Paris, Cappuccino Pie
- Fish and seafood - Clearwater Fine Foods Europe, Wild-caught Canadian Sea Scallops
- Fish and Seafood - Direct Seafoods, Glitne Halibut
- Food preparation equipment - Robot Coupe, Robot Cook
- Frozen - Traiteur de Paris, Potato Gratin with White Truffle
- Hygiene - Winterhalter, C170 BLUe Cleaner and Sanitiser Super Concentrate 2L
- Meat and poultry - Henson Meats, Salt Beef
- Prime cooking - Rieber, Catering Circle
- Refrigeration - Hoshizaki, Gram Baker Pro GA 950
- Soft drinks - Coca-Cola European Partners, Coca-Cola Signature Mixers Herbal Notes
- Snacking - Supernatural Food, Boundless Activated Nuts & Seeds – Rosemary & Cayenne
- Special diet - Bidfood, Simply Puree, Level 4 Cottage Pie
- Tea and hot chocolate - Shibui Tea, Earl Grey Teabags
- Technology - Syft, SyftForce
- Warewashing - Meiko, M-iClean US
- Wine and spirits - Booker, Alfred Button & Sons, Lovely Lemon Sherbet Gin
- Winner of Winners (food and drink) - Belazu Ingredient Company, Aged Malt Vinegar of Modena
- Winner of Winners (equipment) - Meiko, M-iClean US
Delaware North's executive head chef Gary Foakes, prepared a three-course lunch 150 guests incorporating: Butter-poached lobster arancini, thermidor cream, Parmesan; 55-degree lamb rump, braised shoulder, crisped brick pastry, pistachio dukkah, fermented carrot juice and Raspberry gel, raspberry sponge, lemon posset, white chocolate delice.
Jenkins also acknowledged the expertise and integrity of the judges of the Product Excellence Awards, who were: Andrew Aston, business development chef, BaxterStorey; Dipna Anand, co-owner and cookery school trainer, Brilliant Restaurant; Julie Barker, non-executive director, CUBO; Adam Bateman, group operations and development chef, IHG/Kimpton Hotels; David Bentley, director, Bentley Consulting; Al Crisci, founder, the Clink Charity; Alison Cullin-Woodcock, consultant, Clifton Food Services; Jack William Davies, senior sous chef, London Clinic; Roger Denton, NACC; Scott Dineen, chef, BaxterStorey; Julian Edwards, chairman, GY5; Kate Gould, managing director, KEG Catering Consultants; Neil Phillips, wine consultant, The Wine Tipster; Craig Roberts, Project manager, Humble Arnold Associates; Mark Sharland, project manager, Willis Jenkins; Craig Smith, head of corporate affairs, ISS World; Kenn Tagg, commercial director, Space Group; Laurence Tottingham, business development chef, Revolution Bars; Preston Walker, chef/director, Oak House Residential Home; Jamie Warley, chef, St Ermins hotel; Carl Weldon, chief operating officer for Europe, HFTP; Ken Winch, owner, Ken Winch Design
A supplement featuring all the winners’ products will be published in the 20 December issue of The Caterer and on www.thecaterer.com