AA Hospitality has unveiled its shortlist for the Chef's Chef of the Year Award 2019.
The title, first introduced in 1996, is designed to recognise those deemed deserving by their peers in the sector – with former winners including Gordon Ramsay, Michel Roux, Andrew Fairlie, Daniel Clifford and John Williams.
Last year the top prize was scooped up by Claude Bosi after the chef's succesful move to the iconic Bibendum restaurant in Fulham, London.
Simon Numphud, managing director at AA Media, said: "The Chef's Chef of the Year Award gives chefs a unique opportunity to recognise and honour their peers.
Each of the chefs on this year's shortlist is a pioneer in the world of food and is truly an inspiration in their field. We look forward to celebrating each of these fantastic chefs, and revealing the winner, at the AA Hospitality Awards in September.
Shortlist for the AA Chef's Chef of the Year Award 2019:
- Aaron Patterson (Hambledon Hall, Oakham)
- Andrew Wong (Kym's, London)
- Angela Hartnett (Murano, London)
- Clare Smyth (Core, London)
- Gareth Ward (Ynyshir, Machynlleth)
- Hélène Darroze (Hélène Darroze at The Connaught, London)
- James Sommerin (Restaurant James Sommerin, Penarth)
- Jason Atherton (Pollen street Social, London)
- Lisa Goodwin-Allen (Northcote, Blackburn)
- Mark Birchall (Moor Hall, Lancashire)
- Paul Ainsworth (Paul Ainsworth at Number 6, Padstow)
- Tom Kitchin (The Kitchin, Edinburgh)