Entries are now open for the Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2022, the awards that celebrate the top employers in the hospitality sector.
Run in partnership with Purple Cubed and sponsored by Umbrella Training, the awards highlight the employers who demonstrate exceptional skill at employee engagement and those who have gone above and beyond to look after their staff in 2021 and are setting the benchmark in a more competitive hospitality landscape.
Those entering will benefit from all the insight from our unique employee survey, but high achievers will also feature in the top 30 hospitality employers list, which sets a business apart as an employer of choice. Those who make the top 30 also gain a free place at the Caterer's 2022 People Summit and the six highest achievers will be shortlisted for the Best Employer Catey 2022.
Last year PPHE Hotels Group carried off the Best Employer Catey. When a company has a 1,300-strong UK workforce, it is arguably a challenge to get the personal touches right, but employee feedback from the Best Places to Work in Hospitality survey demonstrated that staff felt fully embraced by PPHE Hotel Group management during the pandemic, with 87% saying they were well supported, informed and prepared for a return to work.
The company offers a range of engagement initiatives and training, both face-to-face and online, with a focus on physical health, mental wellbeing and the creation of a comfortable and inspiring place to work. A support strategy is also in place to retain as much talent as possible and to reassure employees throughout their time with the company.
Leadership teams are developed through team-building events run by an external partner, alongside talent, graduate, student placement and apprenticeship programmes, as well as a management foundation programme.
The Caterer's managing editor, Lisa Jenkins said: "PPHE went over and above in every way for their staff showing true loyalty and commitment to their teams. The company is dedicated to training and has an excellent communications strategy, including maintaining a focus on employee mental health and wellness."
Click here more information on how to be considered one of the Best Places to Work in Hospitality.
How it works
- Visit the Best Places to Work in Hospitality website here and login to complete your company details.
- There is a payment of £250 per company, which covers the cost of the employee survey.
- Each individual will identify and prioritise what's important to them at work and then rate you against those criteria.
- They will also answer five ‘killer questions' about working for your organisation as well as an opportunity to add their comments, providing you with valuable additional insights.
- All organisations completing an entry will receive a secure link to an online report on their responses, with comparisons against peer averages, drawn up by Purple Cubed.
- The outcome scores will enable The Caterer and Purple Cubed to identify the top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality.
- The T=top 30 shortlisted companies will appear in The Caterer magazine
- Those who make the top 30 will also gain a free place at The Caterer's People Summit
- The top six employers will exclusively be invited to enter the 2022 Best Employer Catey Award. Please see www.cateys.com for further information.
- Entering Best Places to Work in Hospitality means you will gain invaluable insights into what really makes your people tick, with clear indicators of how well you are delivering. It also provides the opportunity to raise your profile as an employer of choice, as well as pinpointing quick wins and strategic business improvements through powerful data and people analytics.
Closing date for entries is 25 February 2022, and all surveys must be completed by 7 March 2022.