Erika Natalini from London’s Hotel Café Royal has been named the AICR Receptionist of the Year.
The front desk receptionist was celebrated at an event at the Ritz London organized by the Association of Front Office Managers and Assistant Hotel Manager (AICR), with Andrea Barbazza from Claridge’s coming in second and Jack McNeill from Gleneagles third.
Natalini (pictured with the runners up and AICR UK president Nicola Miller) said: “It was a great honour for me to be one of the finalists of this renowned competition. It is a way for me to express the profound passion I put into my work, as well as a fantastic opportunity to be in contact with professionals from the same industry.”
She will now go on to represent the UK in the 2020 David Campbell Trophy at the AICR International Congress in Warsaw in February.
The seven finalists of the UK competition were:
- Andrea Barbazza Claridge’s, London
- Amandine Breteau, the Ritz London
- Erika Natalini, Hotel Café Royal, London
- Jack McNeill, Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Perthshire
- Pauline Sarras, Corinthia Hotel London
- Riccardo Di Stefano, the Ned, London
- Michiko Weis, Four Seasons Hotel Park Lane, London
The AICR (Amicale Internationale des Chefs de Réception et Sous Directeurs des Grands Hôtels) was founded in France in 1964. It introduced the David Campbell trophy in 1995 in memory of the former chef de reception at the Ritz hotel.