In a milestone year for the Acorn Awards, 30 of the industry's most promising stars under 30 are being celebrated today.
Now in their 30th year, the ACT Clean-sponsored Acorn Awards have recognised 900 of the industry's top talent including the likes of Craig Bancroft, Stephen Doherty and Marco Pierre White.
This year's winners were recognised at a networking weekend at Chewton Glen in Hampshire, receiving their trophy's at a ceremony presented by The Caterer editor Amanda Afiya, and co-founder and director of ACT Clean, John Stevenson, before an address from former Acorn winner and Tredwell's chef patron Chantelle Nicholson.
They were welcomed to Chewton Glen on Sunday by managing director Andrew Stembridge and took on a series of team-building exercises led by activity organisers Team Spirit, testing their problem-solving, strategy, and teamwork skills.
Chewton Glen is no stranger to the Acorn Awards, as the hotel's general manager, Mark Bevan, was a winner in 2011 when he was assistant food and beverage manager at the Chester Grosvenor hotel.
Stembridge said: "I am thrilled to be hosting the 30th Acorn Awards in this significant year for Chewton Glen, our 50th anniversary. The Acorn Awards identifies extraordinary talent and we are proud to have that talent here at the hotel for this truly memorable occasion."
Stevenson added his pride at ACT Clean being associated with the awards in such a landmark year.
He said: "We are exceptionally proud to sponsor the Acorn Awards, but particularly so in this anniversary year. The calibre of winners is inspiring and it's a comfort to know that the industry's future is in such incredible and safe hands."
The 2016 Acorn Award winners
- Ellis Barrie, chef-director, the Marram Grass, Penlon, Isle of Anglesea
- Craig Bonner, general manager and company mixologist, Heritage Portfolio, Musselburgh Racecourse
- Andrew Booth, front of house manager, the Dorchester, London
- David Brosnan, housekeeping manager, The Dorchester, London, the Dorchester Collection
- Ben Buet, operations manager, Purple Cubed
- Lee Bye, head chef, Tuddenham Mill, near Newmarket, Suffolk
- Joe Carnell, director, Ugot UK
- Marta Chwiloc-Filoc, catering manager, Lexington, London
- Jessica Clark, projects manager, Lusso Catering, London, CH&Co Group
- Joshua Cowan, luggage room general manager, the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- Peter Cox, operations manager, Premier Inn Peterborough A1(M), Whitbread
- Charlotte Davis, revenue manager, Holiday Inn Doncaster A1 (M)
- Sarah Elisabeth Downes, market entry manager - Germany, Whitbread
- Holly Eggleton, owner and front of house manager, the Pony & Trap, Chew Magna, Bristol
- Lauren Fisher, human resources manager, St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
- Edward Fitzpatrick, food & beverage operations manager, Chewton Glen, New Milton
- Cordelia Griggs, concierge manager, Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
- Gregory Hall, operations manager London B&I, Elior City, London
- Nick Hamdy, general manager, Charlotte Street Hotel, London
- Robby Jenks, head chef, the Vineyard Hotel, Stockcross, Newbury, Wiltshire
- Leanne Johnson, non-food category manager, CH&Co Group
- Paul Matthews, Head chef, Vacherin
- Rakesh Mistry, hotel manager, Premier Inn T5, London Heathrow, Whitbread
- Tiffany Monsees, operations manager, Premier Inn, Portsmouth, Whitbread
- Thomas Pass, senior business development manager, Caterlink
- Murray Scott, front office manager, The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Starwood Hotels
- Sarah Tregoning, director of event management, St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London
- Andrew Wright, head chef, Pig on the Beach, Home Grown Hotels
- Jonathan Wright, head chef, Berners Tavern at the London Edition
- Melanie Wright, marketing manager, the Capital Hotel, London
Latest video from The Caterer
Are you looking for a new role? See all the current hospitality vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>