The Food for Life Catering Mark at Bronze level was awarded to Cater Link for its healthy and climate friendly menu offer in more than 100 primary schools across Islington and Camden.
Neil Fuller, Cater Link managing director, said "We are absolutely delighted to have been the first contract caterer to be awarded this prestigious accolade from the Soil Association.
"We are committed to delivering our promises by providing our customers with a freshly prepared meal using locally and regionally sourced produce prepared by trained staff who are passionate about the part they play in ensuring youngsters eat and enjoy freshly prepared meals that contribute to their education experience."
Cater Link spent 18 months training its teams to use fresh, local and seasonal produce, which now accounts for more than 60% of the lunch time meals being served to the 13,000 pupils in Cater Link serviced schools.
In order to achieve the Mark, Cater Link demonstrated compliance in specific areas including:
- Eggs are from cage-free hens
- Meat is farm assured as welfare-minimum
- Seasonal menus and in-season produce highlighted
- Menus cater for dietary needs
- Staff are encouraged to attend training that acts as continuous professional development including training in fresh food preparation
- Staff are encouraged to get involved in food education activities
By Janie Stamford
E-mail your comments to Janie Stamford here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next contract catering job here with Caterersearch.com jobs