The Craft Guild of Chefs has named the 26 chefs that will be putting their culinary skills to the test in the Graduate Awards semi-finals.
The kitchen heats for the awards, which were founded in 2002 by Craft Guild of Chefs' vice-president Steve Munkley, will take place on Wednesday 23 May at Sheffield College and Westminster Kingsway, while seven chefs will complete the pastry heat at the University of West London on Friday 25 May.
This year a two-day mentor programme has been introduced for Graduate Awards finalists to help entrants develop their skills ahead of the final exam.
Munkley said: "Since the introduction of our mentor day, we've seen a higher level of skill at the final exam and that's one of the reasons we have extended the event. Those who get to the final will be transported from London to Cadbury Court in Somerset and be part of a memorable culinary experience with the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in preparation for the final exam."
First time pastry examiners chair for the first time Will Torrent added: "It's the third year of the Pastry Graduate Award and the number of entries is growing year-on-year, so it was a tough job whittling the chefs down. However, I am confident we have selected a talented group of pastry chefs to take to the next stage and am looking forward to seeing how they tackle the various challenges we have instore for them at the semi-final stage."
2018 Kitchen Graduate Award semi-finalists
• Chor Fai Shek, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London
• Bronwen Jenkins, Royal Garden Hotel, London
• Josh Mcgeoghan, Colettes at The Grove, Chandler's Cross
• Adam Nevin, Alyn Williams at the Westbury, London
• Faye Natalie De Souza, Restaurant Associates at Deloitte
• Opeoluwa Odutayo, Launceston Place, London
• Charlie Watts, Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa, Bagshot
• Miguel Pinto, Hotel Café Royal
• Zachary Hermon, Dormy House, Broadway, Cotswold
• Theodore Selby, Hide Above 85 Piccadilly
• Isabel Wallace-Hadrill, Coutts Bank
• Jordon Powell, 1877 Restaurant - Wotton House Hotel, Dorking, Surrey
• Ashleigh Sheppard, Stoke by Nayland Hotel Golf and Spa
• Christina Welz, Hambleton Hall Hotel, Rutland
• George Birtwell, TRUEfoods
• Alice Roger, The Vineyard. Berkshire
• Ben Cowley, Simpsons Restaurant, Edgbaston
• Robert Hartley, The Anchor, Ripley
• Lewis Dobson, Radmoor Restaurant, Loughborough
2018 Pastry Graduate Award semi-finalists
• Evie Mae Moore, Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
• Ieuan Davies, Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa, Bagshot, Surrey
• Emile Druart, The Vineyard, Berkshire
• Matthew Kieran Ross, The Milton Brasserie, Aberdeen
• Laura Aylott, The Thatchers Arms, Colchester
• Emma Lawson, Northcote, Llangho
• Sofia Kamenova Petrova, Ham Yard Hotel, London