The deadline for nominations to the Shine Awards 2010 is fast approaching and are set to close on 3 January.
The awards, which are supported by industry training body People 1st, are the only UK awards for female talent in travel, tourism and hospitality industry.
Last year's winner, Karen Eason, said: "The Shine Awards are unique because they acknowledge and celebrate the talent and success that exists in women working in the travel & tourism industry. For me personally to be associated and acknowledged as a successful young entrepreneur and described as charismatic and inspirational is truly rewarding for the time, commitment and risks I have taken in the industry.
This year for the first time winners will be awarded exceptional learning and development opportunities, worth thousands' of pounds, courtesy of top class providers such as Cranfield University, Bradford School of Management, Henley Management College and Everywoman.
Nominations are online. To nominate yourself or a woman you know visit www.shineawards.com
- Shine Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shine Corporate Woman of the Year
- Shine Homeworker of the Year
- Shine Young Achiever of the Year
- Shine Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shine Public Sector Woman of the Year
- Shine Outstanding Mentor of the Year
- Shine Woman Technology Innovator of the Year
- Shine Woman Leader of the Year
- Shine Woman of the Year for Sustainable Tourism
By Emily Manson
E-mail your comments to Emily Manson here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs