Expressions of Interest for the Provision of Catering Management Services for Primary and Special Schools in the London Borough of Ealing for September 2008 Ealing Council, on behalf of the Ealing School Catering Consortium, is seeking expressions of interest from skilled and experienced catering service providers for the provision of Catering Management Services to approximately 55 primary and special schools borough-wide.
The Council wishes to further the improvements that have been achieved since it took the radical step of contracting on a management fee basis in 2003. The resulting contract will continue on a management fee basis with a profit share element if take up increases.
The successful supplier will be expected to work with the London Borough of Ealing and the member schools of the Ealing School Catering Consortium to:
- Continue to improve the quality of the food served
- Ensure that the food served at member schools reflects the individual requirements of the diverse and multicultural pupil population
- Be innovative and at the forefront of new ideas to provide cost effective catering services
- Market the service to parents and pupils to increase take up.
- Take on the current catering staff under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) legislation
- Operate an open book accountancy policy
Organisations wishing to express an interest in managing the catering facilities for the
London Borough of Ealing primary and special schools must contact David Shailes, School Procurement Manager, at the address below.
You will be sent a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) that you will be required to complete and return by 4:00pm Wednesday 10th October 2007. Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit a full tender.
Contract Services, Schools Service Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 2HL
Tel: 020 8825 9381 Fax: 020 8825 5885