Stoke-on-Trent City Council is offering a unique opportunity for suitably experienced operators to establish and develop high quality catering, refreshments, and leisure facilities in the city's historic Grade II* Hanley Park.
At 24 hectares the park is one of the UK's largest Victorian public parks. The park was designed by the well-known landscape designer Thomas H. Mawson, and opened in 1897.
Situated in the city's University Quarter, adjacent to the city centre 10 minutes walk from the main railway station, Hanley Park is Stoke-on-Trent's premier historic park and continues to serve the recreational needs of the city's citizens, annually welcoming nearly 1 million visitors. Thanks to a large grant award (nearly £4.6 million) from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the £6 million make-over commences in February 2016, and will see the comprehensive restoration of the park's historic core, including its fine buildings, terracotta fountain, and terraced formal gardens.
We are therefore seeking ‘expressions of interest' from operators of high quality catering and leisure facilities who want to work with us to make Hanley Park even more special for all who visit us.
Catering opportunities are at:
- The Main Pavilion which has approximately 400m2 over two floors, plus an external terrace, for a cafe/restaurant including the provision of hot food, hot drinks, cold drinks and snacks, ice cream.
- The Boat House which has approximately 78m2 on one floor for a seasonal ‘grab and go' style kiosk refreshment facility with some internal seating
- The former Northern Pavilion has approximately 45m2 on one floor, plus an external terrace, for a ‘grab and go' kiosk refreshment facility.
Leisure opportunities are at:
- The former Northern Bowling Green (adjacent to the former Northern Bowls Pavilion and play areas), an area of approximately 2000m2, and possibly more, suitable for mini golf or other leisure uses.
- The Boating Lake for leisure boating. This would include the Boat House's wet and dry dock and lake side landing stage for such an operation.
For further details and to register your interest visit: https://iewm.bravosolution.co.uk/sotandstaffordshireauthorities/ and either register or login if you have previously registered. You can also call Rob Belcher (Project Manager) on 01782 233772 if you have any queries.
An open day will be held at Hanley Park on 25 February 2016 at 11am.
Expressions of interest and all supporting documentation should be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 2 March 2016.