Four young chefs were named Craft Guild of Chefs Graduates at an awards presentation this today at London's Royal Garden Hotel.
Daniel Beech, chef de partie at Simon Radley@The Chester Grosvenor & Spa; Chris Munroe, chef de partie at The Royal Garden Hotel, London; Rosa Fothergill, chef de partie at Hand Picked Hotels and Rositsa Nikolova, commis chef at House of Commons, London all made the grade after eight-hour final at Westminster Kingsway College, London, which took place last Thursday (1 September). All finalists were awarded a personalised chef's jacket and a year's Craft Guild membership.
Rositsa Nikolova became the overall Highest Achiever after achieving a staggering 87%. She wins a five-day full-board stay at any Warner Leisure Hotel or Costal Villages' as a reward for her efforts.
This year the Employers' trophy for excellence in training, which goes to the person who has mentored and supported their chef during the training for the exams, went to Fergus Martin of Wyboston Lakes who mentored finalist Claire Willet.
Vice-president of the Craft Guild of Chefs and awards organiser Steve Munkley said that all the new graduates should be delighted and so very proud of their achievements. .
"The final was certainly a reflection of the all the hard work and effort that these young chefs have put in. The Graduate Awards say yes, I'm making great strides up the career ladder. These young chefs have now been verified by the best chefs in the industry and what a cracking endorsement that is to have on your CV."
Graduate Award 2011 Finalists
- Steve Allery, commis chef, The Grill at The Dorchester
- Daniel Beech, chef de partie, Simon Radley@The Chester Grosvenor & Spa
- William Chilila, pastry demi chef de partie, D&D London, The Orrery
- Rosa Fothergill, chef de partie, Rhinefield House Hotel, Brockenhurst
- Ian Malcolm, lead chef, M&S Deli, Lisburn, Northern Ireland
- Chris Munroe, chef de partie, The Royal Garden Hotel, London
- Rositsa Nikolova, commis chef, House of Commons, London
- Phil Steggall, chef de partie, The Royal Garden Hotel, London
- Michael Tweedie, chef de partie, Lucknam Park, Wiltshire
- Claire Willett, commis chef, Wyboston Lakes Hotel, Wyboston
By Katherine Alano
<span class=""noindex"">E-mail your comments to Katherine Alano here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs