The Hospital Caterers Association has announced the shortlist for its annual awards ceremony, due to take place later this month.
The competition this year features two new awards: the Efficiency and Improvement Award which recognises new developments in the field; and the Special Contribution Award in honour of those who have influenced hospital catering for the better.
The body will announce the winners at the HCA Leadership and Development Forum at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, South Wales, on 11-12 April.
Stewart McKenzie, chair of the HCA, said: "The HCA's annual awards gives us the opportunity to praise the hard work and commitment from our members. It also gives us a chance to show our appreciation for all members of the association. We are excited for our two new award categories. It is always difficult to choose from many great nominated candidates. Congratulations to all finalists."
Caterer of Year:
- Iain Robertson, hotel services manager (HSM) at catering services, St Ann's Hospital, Poole, the Royal Bournemouth Hospital & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Amanda Cartmill, interim head of facilities at Mid Cheshire Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Geoffrey Moyle, trust catering manager at Freeman Hospital, Freeman Road, High Heaton, Newcastle
- Chris Neale, head of catering at Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust (NUH)
Catering Service of the Year:
- Catering strategy team, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Chris Neale, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tony O'Hara, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust Community Facilities
Efficiency & Improvement Award:
- David Wismann, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board - Restaurant and Food Retail
- David Wismann, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board Model Ward for Nutrition and Hydration: a Collaborative Multidisciplinary Team Approach
- Nicola McIvor and Robert McLaughlin, NHS Ayrshire & Arran
- Geoffrey Moyle, trust catering manager, Freeman Hospital, Freeman Road, High Heaton, Newcastle
- Droplet Team c/o Phil Shelley, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust Wilma
Wilkie Outstanding Service:
- Emma Wilson, head of catering, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- Pam Miller, facilities manager, Pennine Acute Hospitals Trust
- Sheila Miller, retired from NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde