Hospitality Assured Awards 2015 recognise top customer service
A diverse range of businesses have been recognised by the Institute of Hospitality for their outstanding customer service and business excellence.
Five Hospitality Assured (HA) awards were presented at a ceremony held at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square Hotel. A further seven individuals and businesses were shortlisted
HA is a quality standard created by the Institute of Hospitality and supported by the British Hospitality Association (BHA) to highlight continuous improvement by encouraging businesses to look at their operation from the customer's perspective.
The winners received their trophies from Ufi Ibrahim, chief executive of the BHA, and Peter Ducker, chief executive of the Institute of Hospitality. Ducker said he was delighted to see the HA standard being embraced by such a wide range of organisations.
"The services sector is massively important to the UK economy, representing a whopping 79% of total GDP," he explained. "All customer-facing businesses, whether public or private, can learn from best practice within the hospitality industry."
The 2015 Hospitality Assured Award Winners
- Edinburgh International Conference Centre This venue has recently doubled the size of its event space and achieved the highest ever Hospitality Assured score.
- Harper Adams University The provider of higher education for the agriculture-food chain and rural sector has a strong commitment to sustainability.
- University College Birmingham The assessors noted the energised, loyal and adaptable spirit throughout the university team.
- Sue Gladman, ISS Food & Hospitality at the Open University She was recognised for creating loyalty and a good team spirit by being open and trusting,.
- Hotel Services Team at Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust The team were praised for placing the customer at the core of all that they undertake.
- City Catering Southampton
- ISS Open University - ISS Food & Hospitality Team
- St Monica Trust - Senior Leadership Team
- The Capital hotel, London
- Princess Grace hospital, London
- Callum Smith, airport duty manager, Highlands and Islands Airports
- George Heir, interim head of residential services, University of Portsmouth
The Institute of Hospitality is the professional body for managers and aspiring managers working and studying in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry.
Lucknam Park wins highest scoring accolade at Hospitality Assured Awards >>
Peter Ducker appointed Institute of Hospitality chief executive >>
Are you looking for a new role? See all the current hospitality vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>
Latest video from The Caterer