Expressions of Interest for the Provision of Catering Management Services for Primary and Special Schools in the London Borough of Ealing for August 2013
Ealing Council, on behalf of the Ealing School Catering Consortium, is seeking expressions of interest from skilled and experienced catering service providers for the provision of Catering Management Services to 54 primary and special schools borough-wide.
The Council wishes to further the improvements that have been achieved since it took the radical step of contracting on a management fee basis
in 2003. The resulting contract will continue on a management fee basis with a profit share element if take up increases.
The successful supplier will be expected to work with the London Borough of Ealing and the member schools of the Ealing School Catering Consortium to:
- Continue to improve the quality of the food served
- Ensure that the food served at member schools reflects the individual requirements of the diverse and multicultural pupil population
- Make improvements to the system of cash collection
- Be innovative and at the forefront of new ideas to provide cost effective catering services
- Market the service to parents and pupils to increase take up.
- Take on the current catering staff under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
- Continue personal development for ALL catering personnel with both formal and in house training.
In order to complete the first stage Pre-Qualifying; providers will need to be able to demonstrate that they currently operate multi site contracts with a dedicated contract manager, with a minimum of 15 units; demonstrate their net purchasing policy and general open book accounting and operational methods and have a minimum turnover of £15milion a year.
This contract will commence in August 2013.The initial contract will be for five years from the date specified, with the option to extend annually for up to two more years Organisations wishing to express an interest in managing the catering facilities for the London Borough of Ealing primary and special schools must contact David Shailes, School Service and Pupil Support Manager, at the address below by no later than 4;00pm Monday 1 October 2012. You will be sent a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) pack that you will be required to complete and return by 4:00pm Friday 12 October 2012. Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit a full tender.
Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road,
Ealing, London W5 2HL
020 8825 9381