Albert Bartlett, producer of Rooster potatoes, has worked with top chefs such as Michel Roux and Andrew Fairlie to create dishes that highlight innovative and exciting ways to use potatoes, such as this recipe for potato, smoked haddock and leek soup.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
600g peeled Roosters, cut into large dice (2cm)
600g undyed smoked haddock
1 finely chopped onion
3 sliced leeks
75ml double cream
4 sliced spring onions
- Place the haddock, chopped onion, and bouquet garni into a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Skim the surface of any froth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lift the haddock from the pan and remove any skin and bones. Flake the haddock and return the skin and bones to the water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the fish stock.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the washed and sliced leeks, and cook until just soft. Then add the potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and simmer gently until potatoes are tender.
- Add the double cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the haddock and check for seasoning.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle the spring onions on top.