Sandie Dawe MBE, the former chief executive of VisitBritain, took home the Lifetime Achievement award at the Women 1st Shine awards, held last night in London.
Dawe was among a string of women hospitality professionals to be honoured, including ISS Food & Hospitality's executive operations director Stephanie Hamilton and 2014 Acorn Award winner Catharine Barras, operations manager at BaxterStorey.
The event, which took place at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square hotel, also saw 17 new names inducted into the Women 1st Top 100 Club list, including The Caterer editor Amanda Afiya.
Others influential women from the hospitality sector to feature included Pervin Todiwala co-patron and operations director at Café Spice Namaste and Mr Todiwala's Kitchen; Kim Kaewkraikhot, owner and chef director of the Thai Leisure Group; Sarah Miller, regional managing director at BaxterStorey; Catriona Kempston, marketing director, Mitchells & Butlers; and Kathryn Porter, divisional resourcing director at Hilton Worldwide.
The annual ceremony seeks to recognise women who show outstanding talent, aptitude and initiative in their roles, and celebrate the mentors and businesses that support their careers.
Simone Roche, director of Women 1st, said: "I'd like to congratulate all the winners and also say well done to all the finalists for getting this far."
"Both our winners and shortlisted finalists are an inspiration to their industry and are great examples of the drive, commitment, enthusiasm and sheer passion required to make it. Crucially, they also provide excellent role models for tomorrow's female leaders, helping to ensure that our industries build a strong pipeline of talent for the future."
Launched in 2009, Women 1st is a campaigning arm of People 1st, the skills and workforce development charity for hospitality, tourism, leisure, travel and retail industries.
Full list of Shine Award winners:
Outstanding Entrepreneur Award Kirsty Loveday, managing director, Love Drinks
Rising Star Award Linzi Martin, district operations manager, William Hill
Stepping Up Award Catharine Barras, operations manager, BaxterStorey
Mentor of the Year Award Stephanie Hamilton, executive operations Director, ISS Food & Hospitality
Woman of the Year Award Karen Boswell, managing director, East Coast Main Line Company
Lifetime Achievement Award Sandie Dawe MBE, former chief executive, VisitBritain
Small Business Award Sally's Cottages
Large Business Award Merlin Entertainments
The 17 new inductees into the Women 1st 100 Club:
- Amanda Afiya, Editor, The Caterer
- Ann Cadman OBE, Managing Director, The Source Academy
- Catriona Kempston, Marketing Director, Mitchells & Butlers
- Clare Burles, HR Director, East Midlands Trains
- Deirdre Wells OBE, CEO, UKinbound
- Diane Bouzebiba, Managing Director, Amadeus UK and Ireland
- Jane Burke, Group HR Director, Shearings Group Ltd
- Jill Whittaker, Managing Director, HIT Training
- Julie McComasky, HR Director ScotRail, FirstGroup
- Karen Boswell, Managing Director, East Coast Main Line Company Ltd
- Kathryn Porter, Divisional Resourcing Director, Hilton Worldwide
- Kim Kaewkraikhot, Owner and Chef Director, Thai Leisure Group
- Loraine Martins MBE, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Network Rail
- Pervin Todiwala, Co-Patron and Operations Director, Café Spice Namasté, Mr Todiwala's Kitchen, Assado Waterloo and The Park Café
- Sally Balcombe, CEO, VisitBritain
- Sarah Miller, Regional Managing Director, BaxterStorey
- Sharon Munro, CEO, Barrhead Travel