The semi-finalists in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2016 competition have been announced, with entries from over 90 countries.
The UK and Ireland regional final will be held at the Waitrose Cookery School in London on 21 June with a judging panel comprising Claude Bosi, Ollie Dabbous, Ross Lewis and JP McMahon.
The individual winners from each geographic area will then represent their country at the global final in October, which will be attended by David Higgs, Carlo Cracco, Gaggan Anand, Elena Arzak, Mauro Colagreco, Wylie Dufresne and Roberta Sudbrack.
The UK and Ireland semi-finalists are:
- Åukasz WÄ cirz, chef de partie, Llangoed Hall, Brecon
- Alfonso Giugliano, sous chef, Cornstone restaurant, Cork
- Francesco Simone Sodano, sous chef, Annabel's club, London
- Mhariah Setosta, chef de partie, 21212, Edinburgh
- Adam Handling, head chef, Restaurant Adam Handling, London
- Ian Musgrave, sous chef, the Ritz, London
- Gareth Ruck, chef, Hogan Lovells Fine Dining, London
- Romuald Bukaty, chef de partie, Avenue by Nick Munier, Dublin
- Brandon Clemens, chef de partie, Kaspar's at the Savoy, London
- George Kataras, sous chef, M Restaurants, London
The 20 finalists from around the world will be chosen in August and assigned a mentor chef, who will help them prepare for the global finals, which take place on 13 October in Milan.
Latest video from The Caterer