The shortlist for the NACC Awards 2018 has been revealed by the National Association of Care Catering (NACC).
The winners will be announced at the NACC Awards gala dinner on 4 October at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham as part of the NACC Training & Development Forum.
Neel Radia, national chair of the NACC, said: "The NACC Awards provide an excellent opportunity to reflect on the great work that care catering professionals do every day. Across the sector there is an intrinsic desire to create exceptional food and drink experiences that enhance life quality and wellbeing, both physically and emotionally. It is right that we take the time to recognise and celebrate this."
In addition to the five categories listed, the winners of the Region of the Year Award, the Pam Rhodes Outstanding Achievement Award and the National Chairman's Award will also be announced at the dinner.
The 2018 finalists are:
Care Establishment of the Year Award
• Primrose Bank Care Home, Poulton Le Fylde, Lancashire
• The Close Care Home, Burcot, Oxfordshire
• The Lawns Care Home (Brighterkind), Oadby, Leicestershire
Catering Manager of the Year Award
• David Blackwood, catering manager, Meallmore
• Carl Cooper, head chef, Gracewell of Edgbaston
• Simon Lawrence, group culinary manager, Avery Healthcare
• Jane Parke, team manager, County Enterprise Foods
Catering Team of the Year Award
• Avery Lodge (Brighterkind), Grantham, Lincolnshire
• Derby Heights Care Home
• St Andrew's Healthcare
• Willow Court, Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Meals on Wheels Award
• Harrogate Food Angels
• Park Care Meals
Our Care Catering Hero Award
• Suzanne Hallgarth, County Enterprise Foods
• Maggie McNamara, care assistant, Gracewell of Kentford
• Debbie Wright, cook in charge, Munhaven Care Home, Mundesley