The big winners at last night's annual Springboard Awards for Excellence in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism included Compass, Marriott and the Balmoral.
Revealed at London's Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane, 17 awards were handed out to employees and employers in the hospitality industry, recognising those who have have made a significant contribution to attracting and retaining employees.
Anne Pierce, chief executive of Springboard, said: "I continue to be heartened by the initiatives employed by the industry to create a pool of talented staff of the highest calibre.
"The winners are an example of how our industry can continue to drive forward and grow by utilising a variety of innovative methods to ensure we continue to have a productive and diverse workforce."
Charles Wells Pub Company picked up the Recruitment Award for Hospitality and Leisure, sponsored by Caterer and Hotelkeeper.
Springboard Award winners in full
- Springboard Ambassador's Award
- Best regional initiative - Trafford College, Manchester.
- Web Award - My Pub Life
- Education Award (Large Organisation) - Liverpool Marriot Hotel South
- Education Award (Small Organisation) - Four Seasons Hotel Canary Wharf
- Young People Award - Cornwall College
- Best Student Placement Provider - Crieff Hydro
- Diversity Award - Compass Group
- Best initiative to attract chefs - Folio Hotels
- Best Initiative to Attract People into Management - Mitchells & Butlers
- Best Employer Award, Hospitality and Leisure - The Balmoral, Edinburgh
- Best employer Travel & Tourism - Knock Travel
- Retention Award - Swissotel the Howard
- Recruitment Award, Hospitality and Leisure - Charles Wells Pub Company
- Corporate Citizenship Award - Compass Group
- Career Progression Award - Firmdale Hotels
- Chris Beaumont Special Award - The Springboard London Advisory Board
By Christopher Walton
E-mail your comments to Christopher Walton here.