2 Organic pork loin chops
4 slices Smoked Port Salut
150g double cream
100 ml dry white wine
1 clove garlic
1stem fresh basil
Olive oil for cooking
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Fresh breadcrumbs from 4 slices of bread
20g butter for frying
Juice of Â½ lemon
For the egg wash:
1-2 medium egg yolks
1 tsp cold water
Pinch of salt
- Preheat an oven to 170Â°C.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a very hot pan with salt, pepper and a splash of olive oil
- Remove from the pan and place onto a clean plate.
- Add the wine to the pan and reduce down to a syrup consistency. Add the cream and heat through.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and add the garlic and basil to infuse. Set this to one side to cool completely before using.
- With a sharp knife, make a pocket into the eye of the meat.
- Place a slice of Port Salut into this cavity and then add a spoonful of the mushroom mixture. Add a second piece of Port Salut and seal the pork chop with a dusting of flour.
- Make the egg wash by beating together the ingredients. Coat the pork with seasoned flour, followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs using additional oil and butter if necessary. Press the pork chop gently to ensure it holds its shape.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and seal the meat on both sides. Squeeze over the lemon juice and transfer to a baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Warm up the remaining mushroom sauce and serve with the chops.
Time Saving Tip:
Do steps 1 - 5 in advance and then chill, finishing the dish by following steps 6 - 8 when you are ready.