Umbrella organisation, Tourism Together, launches its official website, www.tourismtogether.org.uk today.
The group, which was formed in November last year, links five key UK tourism organisations together to generate awareness of each body and form strategic partnerships with each other for specific joint ventures.
The groups involved are the British Resorts and Destinations Association (BRADA), Destination Performance UK (DP:UK), The Institute for Sport, Parks & Leisure (ISPAL), The Tourism Management Institute (TMI) and The Tourism Society (TS).
Collectively Tourism Together has more than 3,500 individual members and 200 public sector agency and partnership subscribers.
The new website will provide links and contacts for each organisation, as well as an events calendar and opportunities to improve communications, training and development for their members.
The site also hopes to clarify the role of each body.
• BRADA: The trade body for substantial, well established local authority sponsored tourism interests in the UK.
• DP:UK: The membership organisation for local authority tourism services and destination management organisations which focuses on performance management, service improvement and best practice.
• ISPAL: The professional body for sport, parks and leisure professionals.
• TMI: The professional institute supporting and developing people working in destination management.
• TS: The professional membership body for people working in all sectors of the visitor economy.
By Emily Manson
E-mail your comments to Emily Manson here.