An initiative by Callebaut, Cacao Barry and Carma; the World Chocolate Masters is the premier international competition dedicated solely to the art of chocolate and demands the highest standards of creativity, design, innovation and inspiration from the globe's greatest chefs, pÁ¢tissiers and chocolatiers.
In September 2012 Ruth Hinks became the first female UK Chocolate Master, clinching her place in chocolate history after three days of intense competition that demanded unparalleled levels of concentration, nerve and expertise to create a chocolate showpiece, one moulded praline, one pastry, one chocolate dessert and a stunning interpretation of the classic chocolate log.
The upcoming World Chocolate Masters finals are an essential diary date for all aspiring pastry chefs and chocolatiers. Hinks will represent the UK and compete against the most celebrated chocolate artisans from across the globe.
The theme for the World Chocolate Masters event is "the Architecture of Taste". Inspiration, creativity, design and innovation are words synonymous with architecture, and competitors will be expected to create a brand-new architecture of taste, texture and experience, in which chocolate plays a fundamental role.
Callebaut is offering 25 Caterer and Hotelkeeper readers a package of chocolate inspiration worth a combined £2,125.
One lucky reader will win an exclusive one-to-one session with Ruth Hinks at her chocolate and pastry school, Cocoa Black, in Peebles, near Edinburgh, including travel and an overnight stay. The winner, along with 24 runnersâ'up, will also receive a copy of A World of Chocolate, a sumptuous 250-page cookbook published in celebration of the World Chocolate Masters. The book, which retails for £25, is packed with recipes for chocolate-based cakes, pralines and desserts from around the world and - for the first time - from the contenders for the upcoming World Chocolate Masters.
HOW TO ENTER
For a chance to win this fantastic masterclass and one of 25 chocolate cookbooks, simply answer the question to go into the free prize draw. All entries must be received by 28 February. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name, address and telephone number.
Send entries on a postcard to Callebaut/Ruth Hinks Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W OAU or use the oline entry form below.
What is the theme for the fifth edition of the World Chocolate Masters?
A. Haute couture
C. The architecture of taste
AND THE WINNER IS…
The winner of the November 2012 competition for the [Richard Haworth Signature Plus table linen is Matt Shiellsâ'Jones, front of house manager, De Vere Venues, Cheadle House, Cheadle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of TWGCA LLP or Callebaut.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. TWGCA LLP will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services, including our sponsor, Callebaut. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please write to us at Caterer and Hotelkeeper, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on www.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk.