Winners of the People 1st Apprenticeship Awards 2014/15 announced
The full list of winners of the People 1st Apprenticeship Awards 2014/15 has been announced, ahead of this year's National Apprenticeship Week (9-13 March).
The awards seek to celebrate exceptional apprentices, mentors and employers from the hospitality, retail, passenger transport and travel industries.
Hospitality winners included Eleanor De Maria from Compass Group UK & Ireland (Hospitality Intermediate Apprentice of the Year); Zoe Turnecliff from the Hyatt Regency Birmingham (Hospitality Advanced Apprentice of the Year); Hilton Worldwide and Lifetime Training (Partnership of the Year); Portsmouth Pubs (Employer of the Year, Small); and Matthew Parsons from Woodland Grange (Mentor of the Year).
Other winning categories included prizes in passenger transport, retail, and travel.
Simon Tarr, People 1st managing director, said that the industries concerned were on track to offer 2.8 million job opportunities by 2022, including 600,000 skilled and management jobs, which underlined the importance of apprenticeships.
He said: "It is vital that we encourage people to enter and stay in the industry and apprenticeships are the best way to do this. These awards highlight the value apprentices can offer, and celebrate those who play an essential role in supporting apprentices on their chosen career path."
FULL LIST OF WINNERS
- Hospitality Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - Eleanor De Maria, Compass Group UK and Ireland
- Hospitality Advanced Apprentice of the Year - Zoe Turnecliff, Hyatt Regency Birmingham
- Passenger Transport Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - Josie Clarke, RAF Fire and Rescue Service
- Passenger Transport Advanced Apprentice of the Year - Tina Haden Williams, First West of England
- Retail Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - Jenna Lucy Unwin, The Whistle Stop Sweet Shop
- Retail Advanced Apprentice of the Year - Daniel Philips, Parkend Village Shop and the Postage Stamp Café
- Travel Intermediate Apprentice of the Year - Bethany Trueman, Cooperative Travel
- Travel Advanced Apprentice of the Year - Olivia Barnsley, Tui UK & Ireland
- Mentor of the Year - Matthew Parsons, Woodland Grange
- Partnership of the Year - Hilton Worldwide and Lifetime Training
- Employer of the Year, Small - Portsmouth Pubs
- Employer of the Year, Large - Stagecoach UK Bus
Hospitality firms urged to offer apprenticeships to plug skills gap >>
Three new hospitality trailblazer standards set for development >>