The Good Hotel Guide 2021 has revealed this year's César award winners with the publication of its 44th edition today.
Ten César awards are presented each year to a selection of hotels that have demonstrated consistent excellence in their field.
The awards, named after César Ritz, feature Michael Wignall's Michelin-starred Angel Inn at Hetton, Yorkshire; Geoffrey Smeddle's Michelin-starred Peat Inn in Cupar, Fife; and the Scarlet hotel in Mawgan Porth, Cornwall (pictured).
Hotels do not pay to be included in the guide, which selects entries on merit alone from reader reports that are monitored by the editorial team.
The Good Hotel Guide's 10 César winners for 2021 are:
• Newcomer of the year: Baraset Barn, Alveston, Warwickshire
• Country house hotel of the year: the Grasmere hotel, Cumbria
• Seaside hotel of the year: the Scarlet, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
• Island hotel of the year: La Sablonnerie, Little Sark
• Romantic hotel of the year: Lewtrenchard Manor, Lewdown, Devon
• B&B of the year: Swan House, Hastings, East Sussex
• Inn of the year: the Angel Inn, Hetton, Yorkshire
• Green hotel of the year: Coes Faen, Barmouth, Gwynedd
• Irish hotel of the year: Roundwood House, Mountrath, County Laois
• Scottish restaurant with rooms of the year: the Peat Inn, Cupar, Fife