Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

AccorHotels and Algeciras to buy Chilean group Atton Hoteles

14 May 2018 by
AccorHotels and Algeciras to buy Chilean group Atton Hoteles

AccorHotels and Chilean investment and management group Algeciras have signed an agreement to buy Chilean hotel group Atton Hoteles.

French hotel group AccorHotels will acquire 100% of the management company which operates 11 Atton hotels across Chile, Peru, Colombia and Florida, USA. It will also buy 20% of the property company that owns the hotels, with the remaining 80% to be bought by Algeciras.

AccorHotels will have the option to sell its 20% in the property company to Algeciras after five years.

Atton Hoteles was founded in Chile in 2000. The hotels cater to business travelers in the midscale and upscale segment. It has three hotels under development.

Most of the properties will be co-branded with AccorHotels brands, before being fully rebranded to Pullman, Novotel, MGallery and Mercure in the mid-term.

The acquisition further consolidates AccorHotels' footprint in Latin America, where the group has 335 hotels operating and 166 under development.

Patrick Mendes, chief executive of AccorHotels for South America, said: "With Atton's portfolio, AccorHotels will strengthen its leadership position in Latin America and complement its offer to its customers and loyalty members with attractive key destinations."

The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to complete during the second half of 2018.

Pictured: The Atton Vitacura in Santiago de Chile

Top 100: Thomas Dubaere, AccorHotels, UK & Ireland >>

AccorHotels booking platform closed to independent hotels >>

AccorHotels opens MGallery by Sofitel Leicester Square >>

Get The Caterer every week on your smartphone, tablet, or even in good old-fashioned hard copy (or all three!).

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking