Eighteen junior managers, senior supervisors and heads of department working in the hotel industry have been awarded a place on the Master Innholders Aspiring Leaders Diploma (MIALD) for 2016.
The MIALD will see the successful applicants study for an internationally and industry recognised Level 3 Award from the Institute of Leadership & Management over a 12-month period.
Participants will learn through a combination of group workshops, private study, project work, best practice visits and from specialist guest speakers.
Study sessions will start from 10 April and will be broken down into two-day sessions.
The Master Innholders has partnered with Merlin Consultancy to deliver the programme, which will focus on business management, business marketing and sales, human resource management, consumer management, finance and business planning, legislative management, professional development, and leadership.
Shortlisted applicants for the 2016 intake were interviewed at Innholders Hall, London by four judges: Hilary Cooke, director of the Merlin Consultancy and MIALD course leader; Petra Clayton, managing director of Custard Communications; David Connell, general manager at South Lodge and Miles Pooley, chief executive of RAF Club.
Cooke said: "The high quality of applications we received meant we had a difficult task arriving at our final decision and I would like to thank everyone who put forward an application for this year's programme.
"It's invigorating to see so many people who are passionate about the industry we work in and the Aspiring Leaders Diploma will help them to achieve great things as an individual and as part of a team."
Successful applicants for 2016 diploma:
• Adam Ainsworth, assistant manager, Donnington Valley hotel
• Christopher Bancroft, front office duty manager, Lucknam Park hotel & spa
• Judy Bonizzi, assistant guest services manager, Hyatt Regency - the Churchill
• Darren Cartwright, front of house manager, Great Fosters
• Stephanie Davis, operations manager, Limewood hotel
• James Fleming, reception shift leader, the Berkeley
• Alex Golding, assistant restaurant manager, Rudding Park hotel
• Kia Hellens, reception manager, the Georgian House hotel
• Adam Hersey, conferences & events operations manager, Doubletree by Hilton, Milton Keynes
• Koula Michaelides, F&B coordinator, the Ritz London
• Sigthor Oskarsson, reception manager, London Hilton, Park Lane
• Peter Redden, assistant F&B manager, Pennyhill Park hotel & spa
• Lina Slekyte, assistant HR & training manager, Metropolitan by COMO, London
• Christopher Strøm, night manager, Grosvenor House
• Sarah Tregoning, head of events, Renaissance St Pancras
• Karen Weisheit, deputy restaurant manager, Cliveden House hotel
• Kirsty Whitwell, head housekeeper, Rockliffe Hall hotel, golf & spa
• Riad Ziadi, head chef, Brown's hotel