The Thistle Hotel in Brighton was evacuated in the early hours of this morning due to a suspected chemical leak
Fire crews were called to the on the seafront just after 4.50am, after reports of a gas leak in the swimming pool area, according to the BBC.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said a special chemical support unit was sent to the scene.
More than 200 guests were moved to a nearby hotel, but fire officers said there were no reported injuries.
An employee at the hotel in King's Road told the BBC: "We evacuated the building after the alarm activated. Firefighters are just carrying out checks and we hope to return shortly."
Firefighters checked chemicals stored in the hotel's swimming pool area and also in the basement car park.
By Daniel Thomas
E-mail your comments to Daniel Thomas here.