A chef who was covered in boiling oil after a deep fat fryer exploded in a hotel kitchen in West Lothian, Scotland, is being treated in hospital.
The 30-year-old man, who works at the West Port Hotel in Linlithgow, reportedly suffered serious burns to his shoulder, upper back, left arm and around his ear.
It is understood that the accident occurred after an oil drum connected to a deep fat fryer exploded showering the chef in hot oil.
A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue told a local paper: "A deep fat fryer had spilled oil after overheating."
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman added: "The injuries are not life-threatening but his condition is unknown and thought to be serious."
Tampopo fined nearly £12,000 over chef burn >>
By Kerstin Kühn
E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs