A Cornwall hotel which boosted revenue by £300,000 through an online offer has scooped the award for the Best UK Hotel Deal at the 2011 UK Travelzoo Awards.
The 69-bedroom Hotel & Extreme Academy in Watergate Bay booked 2,020 room nights as a direct result of a three-night break with meals at Fifteen Cornwall, The Beach Hut and the Brasserie which is offered via internet travel company Travelzoo.
The hotel's marketing manager, Kate Davies, described the result of the special deal as "brilliant".
The second Travelzoo Awards were judged by the company's team of deal experts who research, test and evaluate hundreds of travel and entertainment deals each week. They assessed the quality, reliability, competiveness and appeal of all the deals Travelzoo has offered over the 12 months.
The full list of winners, announced at a presentation dinner at Rhodes W1, London, include:
• The Hotel & Extreme Academy, Watergate Bay, Cornwall - Best UK Hotel Deal
• Radisson Blu, Split, Croatia - Best International Hotel Deal
• Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant, London - Best Local Deal (London)
• Tom's Champagne Bar, Manchester - Best Local Deal (UK)
• Solis Lough Eske Castle, Ireland - Best Getaway Deal
• Lufthansa - Leading Provider of Flight Deals
• Broadway Travel - Leading Provider of Short Haul Holiday Deals - The Holiday Place
• Iglu Cruise - Leading Provider of Cruise Deals
Travelzoo has more than 24 million subscribers worldwide, with 2.5 million in the UK.
By Janet Harmer
E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs